IMPROVING APPOINTMENT AVAILABILITY:
Improving access to general practice: evening and weekend appointments now available
Patients who are registered at this practice can now book an appointment to see a GP or nurse on Monday evenings (after 6.30pm) or Tuesday mornings (from 7.30 am). Call for an appointment or bring in your ID to sign up for on-line services to book appointments on-line and order repeat prescriptions.
By March 2019 everyone in England will benefit from access to general practice appointments in the evenings and weekends at a time that is most convenient to them. This is part of a national drive to help improve access to general practice and get the best possible outcomes for patients. Further information is available at www.england.nhs.uk/gpaccess
For a summary of recent patient feedback and the actions we have taken please click here.
SEASONAL FLU VACCINATION:
The following groups are eligible for free vaccination:
• Over the age of 65
• patients with asthma who need continuous or repeated use of inhaled steroids, or with previous attacks requiring hospital admission
• coronary heart disease or stroke
• chronic respiratory conditions
• chronic kidney or liver disease
• suppressed immunity
• multiple sclerosis & related conditions
• diseases of the central nervous system
• those who are the main Carer for an elderly or disabled person
• pregnant women at any stage in their pregnancy
• children who were aged 2, 3 or 4years of age on 31st August 2017 (there will be separate clinics for children under 5 years of age)
• BMI over 40
IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN ONE OF THE ABOVE GROUPS, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VACCINATE YOU
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP:
Our PPG is now up and running and meets monthly. They will be identifying their priorities for the coming year.
All GP Practices are required to declare the mean earnings (average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice.
The average pay for GPs working in Corner Place Surgery in the last financial year was £84,424 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 3 full-time and 6 part-time GPs.
THE NHS SIMPLIFIED - NOVEMBER 2013:
If you'd like to know more about how the NHS is structured following the recent changes, click here for a short video.